"Employers often ask why you'd be a good fit to work for them. We prefer to begin by showing why we'd be a good fit for you."
Reasons why you would want to work at Vivid Theory:
- A fresh start with a young, energetic team
- Vibrant work environment
- Develop in the most modern web technologies (React, Nodejs, and front/backend Typescript)
- Creative freedom to make a direct and immediate impact on our code base
- Successfully launched and validated product.
- See your work life being used by hundreds of thousands of customers and consumers.
- Expedited advancement opportunities and ownership potential.
You'll be solving big challenges and working with low-latency, large-scale systems in a small, fast-paced, collaborative family-feel environment! In this role, you will help shape the technical direction, and you'll be building tools for a diverse set of problems from server capacity planning and management, service monitoring tooling infrastructure, system inventory, and server provisioning. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to move into a leadership role, influencing change and providing solutions across several engineering challenges.
Why you matter:
HeyAuto, powered by Vivid Theory, is a fast-growing SaaS platform that re-imagines car ownership. We deliver high-velocity automotive solutions, insights and tools with a 10x improvement focus. We are seeking an individual who will roll up their sleeves and lead from the trenches with an "I can - let's get it done" attitude.
Vivid Theory and HeyAuto are equal-opportunity employers. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all of our employees- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experience make our business stronger.
This is an IN-OFFICE position, we will only consider candidates willing to work full-time in the Calgary office.
- Someone who takes ownership and pride in their work makes and delivers on commitments and isn't satisfied with anything less than excellence.
- Has the desire to help define the architecture and strategic roadmap for a product used by hundreds of users, balancing business objectives, end-user needs, and technical feasibility
- An exceptional communicator who will be effective on a team
- Design and implement scalable, high-performance web applications using TypeScript, Nodejs, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Create user-friendly web interfaces and reusable components using Typescript and React.
- Lead the development of complex features and solve challenging technical problems.
- Mentor and guide junior developers in best practices and coding standards.
- Continuously improve and evolve the micro-services architecture.
- Participate in code reviews, API design reviews, and technical product reviews, offering constructive criticism and feedback.
- Promote and maintain high levels of efficiency and quality for both self and the team, with a focus on best practices such as unit testing and continuous delivery.
- Ensure that solutions meet customer and business needs, not just minimum requirements.
- Act as a thought leader by participating in community events and mentoring junior and intermediate developers.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related area of study.
- At least 3 years of experience as an sr software developer or equivalent position.
- Minimum 3 years in Vivid Theory's tech stack or relevant referable experience.
- Proven experience delivering multiple full-stack web projects utilizing advanced technologies and addressing complex business requirements
- Track record of leading projects from start to finish, including design, architecture, and development
- Strong understanding of the tech stack used by the company or equivalent technologies and a drive to continuously learn and expand technical knowledge
- Demonstrated skills in software design, performance optimization and scaling solutions
- Expertise in relational database data design practices
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure and expertise in Azure will be an advantage.
- Up-to-date with current trends and advancements in the tech ecosystem
- Eligible to work in Canada
We're looking for experienced developers with strong knowledge of our tech stack (or similar technologies) who are ready to take on a large amount of responsibility and be able to provide valuable contributions.
This position is requesting to be funded by the Government of Canada under the Innovation, Science, Digital Skills, and Economic Development of Canada.